Take time to celebrate.

I want to take a couple minutes to celebrate my wife today on her birthday.

Opposites attract is pretty much the foundational building blocks of our relationship, and I have been very blessed to learn so much about life from my perfect opposite.

We are very excited to go out and celebrate her birthday together, just the two of us. Which is mind blowing to me. I can't even dream of not going out with 15 people and having heck big party with tons of attention. But that's why Lindsey is so perfect in my eyes.

She asked that we go out to her favorite spot, just the two of us for an evening. Elegant, simple, independent. Three characteristics that I love about her so much and want to celebrate.

Lindsey knows exactly how to be elegant. She can hold herself with class, knows how to put together clothes, makeup and jewelry in just a way where it isn't flashyn but when you look a little closer she is perfectly put together.

Simple. Simple might sound negative at first, but with Lindsey its everything. She doesn't need to be extravagant to be satisfied in life. A good book on the couch with family around would make her as happy as a stretch limousine filled with crazy friends driving down the strip in Vegas would make me. She legitimately leaves me in awe all the time, because it's a way of life I don't understand but I get to learn from her.

Independent. My polar opposite. Where I would need hand holding, encouragement and a support system for just about everything, Lindsey was raised to not need anyone. She told me that from the get go back when we were dating. She said "You need to know that I will never need you, but I'll always want you". Knocked me right off my feet. In fact it almost hurt my feelings at first which again just goes to show how different we are. Not needing someone isn't a diss on the person, it's celebrating a rare and sought after quality. It's such a relief to know that our son would be in the best of hands if anything ever happened to me. She would not only hold the fort down, but  could find a way to make it thrive. And on top of it, she wants me back. She knows what she wants, and makes sure to keep it. Constantly being the support system I need just to keep my head above water, while carrying herself like the queen of England.

She's my Conner Queen. The lady who will teach our kids how to appreciate the simple things in life, will teach our daughters how to have class, and will teach all of us to be strong for ourselves. Lindsey Conner is the rock we are building our family around. A full time working mommy who rock climbs, hikes, and makes beautiful jewelry. She's a designer and a creator who can pull inspiration out of chaos.  Lindsey is that unicorn woman who can enjoy a glass of wine or throw back some whiskey.

I love you wifey, Happy Birthday, and here's to finding time to celebrate another year of your beautiful life. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The real "Final Frontier".

Why do I run?

My first Fad Diet.