The Beginning

Welcome!!


Come on this new journey with me, and lets create a better standard of living for ourselves.


This Blog is motivated by a drive to end my families consumption of single use plastics while trying to live in the modern world. On our trip we will learn homesteading skills, healthier spending, cooking, and living, as well as try to meet members of our community and collaborate on ways to make this an easier endeavor for my followers. I want to share my experiences and recommendations with you so we can improve together as a community.


This will be a back to basics venture in a world where everything is electronic, mechanized, processed, sealed, altered, and straight out of a factory. While citizens become enslaved to electronics, sugar, and the drive to consume at uncontrollable rates we will be a part of the revolution to move back towards a simpler life.


Back to books.
Back to cooking.
Back to family.
Back to preparing.
Back to together.


Lets go Back.


For a starter I want to share one of my favorite pictures from my personal Instagram page(Allen_Conner_937).  This was taken of my proud haul in from a visit to our local farmers market that we have in Dayton OH called 2nd Street Market. It is a fantastic resource for our community and I encourage you to check it out. However, what is striking about the image is how much plastic is involved. At the time I wasn't remotely aware of the plastic. But the bread is in a 1 time use bag, the eggs are in Styrofoam, and my veggies are in individual grocery bags. There is a ton of positivity in this picture. the bread is from a local bakery, the eggs are from chickens that get lots of yard time, and the veggies.....well just look at them. The plastic isn't a big deal as long as I don't make it a one time use. The farmers are appreciative if you return them empty cartons, they will use them again and again. The plastic bags can also be reused, no reason not to take them back with you or even to another grocery center. The bread bag on the other hand, I had to rip open because it was sealed shut instead of using one of those bendy twisty thingies. So best case scenario is to just put it in the recycling.
But here's the thing......my apartment complex doesn't recycle!! So I am about to join the tons of people who have been doing much better than myself and start recycling myself. Updates to come soon.






I hope you will find this Blog insightful, interesting, and inspiring. Lets become a community together and move towards a world where we use less and live more! Thanks for taking the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The real "Final Frontier".

Why do I run?

Cross the chasm or fall off the cliff?